We need a few teams to get to even numbers in the below leagues.
Please email us at email@example.com or give us a call 780-452-4174
5 O’clock Shadows (Open Monday at 5pm)
Tuesday Open (Tuesday at 8:15pm)
Open Doubles (2 person Curling Sunday at 3:30pm)
Covid Protocols for Return to Play
2021-22 Season Update: Covid Protocols for Return to Play
Revised September 24, 2021,
With the ever-changing rules and regulations to the “Covid Protocols for Return to Play”, the Crestwood Curling Center will be re-aligning our policy. With many concerns from our membership, along with the recent proposed changes from the City of Edmonton for their recreation facilities, we will be implementing the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program as put forth by the Government of Alberta on September 15, 2021.
Under this in-house policy, anyone (12 years and older) accessing the Club to play, practice, dine, spectate, or visit will be required to show proof of vaccination, or documentation, or a medical exemption, or a negative test result, as per the REP protocol. Anyone under 12 years will be exempt from producing proof of vaccination. Mask policy will be in effect as per the REP program.
The Board of Directors has also developed our in-house club policy, aligning to the REP protocol. Our full Return to Play Policy will be available shortly.
In order for us to get the season up and running, and for you to get your proof of vaccination or medical exemption to us, please see below for options:
- In-person validation by our Privacy Officers: Office hours will be set up from October 1 during the hours of 9:00 am – 7:00pm, and October 2 during the hours of 3:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Please come into the club during any of these times to sign a consent form and provide proof of vaccines to one of our Privacy officers.
- NOTE: the club will not be keeping copies of any vaccine records
- In-person validation by our Privacy Officers prior to a league game start time:
- You will not be permitted to curl, or be in the facility, without signing a consent form and providing proof of vaccination, medical exemption, or negative test result as per REP prior to play (if you are 12 years of age or older).
We understand these new requirements may change your decision about the upcoming curling season. For that reason, members who have already registered and paid for the 2021/22 season may withdraw their registration and receive a full refund by notifying the curling office via email by 11:59 pm on Monday, September 27, 2021. To be valid, the notice must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. No exceptions.
We encourage all members to consult with your teammates regarding their ability and desire to comply with the club’s in-house policy. If your team needs a player(s), please contact the office immediately for assistance with completing your team. Withdrawals received after the aforementioned deadline are subject to the Crestwood Curling cancelation policy.
Thank you everyone for your understanding as we are committed to keeping you safe and looking forward to seeing you once again get swept up in the game we know as curling.
What to Expect on
your 1st Day
Please ensure you wear a mask into the building. We will have tables setup outside the office to great everyone. At this table we will have staff and board of directors checking several things.
- Checking Vaccination / Medical exemption documents. We appreciate you doing this prior to your 1st game but if you are doing it on the day of your 1st game please come a minimum of 30 minutes early.
- If you completed the Registration Form
- If you completed the Waiver Form
- Checking if you have paid your fees. We encourage you to do this prior to your 1st game by calling in a payment or stopping by during office hours
IMPORTANT: ALL CURLERS AND GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO CARRY THEIR PROOF OF VACCINATION OR MEDICAL EXEMPTION. We reserve the right to check your vaccination proof periodically, but we do not have the staff to check every member every draw.
Masks are required to be worn around the building but can be removed once you are in the arena curling or sitting at a table in the lounge.
Curling will be normal, there are no different rules. We have dots in the ice as a suggestion on wear to stand. We encourage you to distance yourself away from others when possible.
Sanitation and Cleaning! Our staff have increased the cleaning of high touch surfaces. Rocks will be cleaned a minimum of once a day. We have disinfecting wipes in the arena that can be used if you want to clean your rocks prior or during your game yourself.
Smiles and Fun! We are looking forward to having you back. We can’t wait to see you having a good time on the ice and socializing after in the lounge.