Covid Protocols for Return to Play
2021-22 Season Update: Covid Protocols for Return to Play
Revised September 24, 2021,
With the ever-changing rules and regulations to the “Covid Protocols for Return to Play”, the Crestwood Curling Center will be re-aligning our policy. With many concerns from our membership, along with the recent proposed changes from the City of Edmonton for their recreation facilities, we will be implementing the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program as put forth by the Government of Alberta on September 15, 2021.
Under this in-house policy, anyone (12 years and older) accessing the Club to play, practice, dine, spectate, or visit will be required to show proof of vaccination, or documentation, or a medical exemption, or a negative test result, as per the REP protocol. Anyone under 12 years will be exempt from producing proof of vaccination. Mask policy will be in effect as per the REP program.
The Board of Directors has also developed our in-house club policy, aligning to the REP protocol. Our full Return to Play Policy will be available shortly.
In order for us to get the season up and running, and for you to get your proof of vaccination or medical exemption to us, please see below for options:
- In-person validation by our Privacy Officers: Office hours will be set up from October 1 during the hours of 9:00 am – 7:00pm, and October 2 during the hours of 3:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Please come into the club during any of these times to sign a consent form and provide proof of vaccines to one of our Privacy officers.
- NOTE: the club will not be keeping copies of any vaccine records
- In-person validation by our Privacy Officers prior to a league game start time:
- You will not be permitted to curl, or be in the facility, without signing a consent form and providing proof of vaccination, medical exemption, or negative test result as per REP prior to play (if you are 12 years of age or older).
We understand these new requirements may change your decision about the upcoming curling season. For that reason, members who have already registered and paid for the 2021/22 season may withdraw their registration and receive a full refund by notifying the curling office via email by 11:59 pm on Monday, September 27, 2021. To be valid, the notice must be submitted to email@example.com before the deadline. No exceptions.
We encourage all members to consult with your teammates regarding their ability and desire to comply with the club’s in-house policy. If your team needs a player(s), please contact the office immediately for assistance with completing your team. Withdrawals received after the aforementioned deadline are subject to the Crestwood Curling cancelation policy.
Thank you everyone for your understanding as we are committed to keeping you safe and looking forward to seeing you once again get swept up in the game we know as curling.