Welcome to our 2020-2021 Season
Little Rock – Program not taking place this fall / re-evaluating for January 2021
Junior – Saturdays 10:00am to 12:00pm
Message from the Crestwood Junior Committee:
The Crestwood Curling Club Juniors will return to the ice this fall in a modified format due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
Here’s what you can expect this year:
- The Juniors will be restricted to curlers 10 years of age and older with at least 1 year of Bantam or Juniors experience
- Only curlers will be able to enter the building for contact tracing purposes (parents will drop-off/pick-up)
- When Juniors enter the building they will be checked off on an attendance sheet and asked a few questions relating to their current health status
- There will be one practice at the beginning of the season at which time teams will be formed and games will commence the following week
- The schedule will be posted both online and at the door for the players to know which is their assigned sheet and staging area
- All games will last for between 1¾ hours to 2 hours, starting at 10:00 o’clock and finishing between 11:45 and noon
- MASKS will be mandatory for all the time curlers and volunteers are in the facility, including on the ice
- The new Curling Alberta play guidelines will be followed when curling (see the “On the Ice” section of this document)
These rules are subject to change and will be re-evaluated in January, along with possibility of re-introducing Little Rocks to the program.
Crestwood Junior Committee
Juniors • $145
… is for ages 10 and up. These categories are not age specific. You might be a young curler with years of experience and skills that would allow you to move to the next level. Which one is right for you?
Junior Curling SCHEDULE for the 2021
- January 9/16/23/30
- February 6/20/27
- March 6/13/20/27
- April 10
Advanced Level Junior Program returning!
Are you looking to bring your curling game to the next level?
The Crestwood Curling Club Junior Program is proud to bring back our Advanced Level Junior Program (ALJP) with Mark Johnson.
The ALJP is designed to help junior curlers who are interested in honing their skills, talents and abilities in order to compete at a higher caliber. You will receive two hours of additional on and off ice training from a highly skilled and motivated coach each Thursday from 4-6pm in this 12 week full year program. Training includes but is not limited to:
- Video analysis of delivery and sweeping
- Technical breakdown and development
- Strategy analysis and development
- Position and role development
- Team building and dynamics
- Psychology of curling
- Nutritional training program
- Physical training program
The ALJP will run most Thursday’s from 4-6pm October – February and the program will be available to you, with the following dates at a cost of $265.00
- December 10/17
- January 7/14/21/28
- February 4/11/18/25
- March 4/11
You may apply individually or as a team. The investment for the 12 week program is $265 per person.
If you are ready to step up your game, be sure to apply quickly!
EYCA “Edmonton Youth Curling Association”
The Edmonton Youth Curling Association (EYCA) is a Not-for-Profit Society that was founded in 2017. The EYCA’s principal objective is to promote the growth and development of youth curling in the Edmonton area. We achieve this objective by providing the infrastructure and means whereby Edmonton area junior curlers are provided programming opportunities to participate in the sport of curling.
To learn more about the EYCA click here.