Welcome to our 2023-2024 Season
Little Rock – Saturdays at 9:00am-10:00am / $190 (ages 10 and under)
These categories are not age specific. You might be a young curler with years of experience and skills that would allow you to move to the next level. Which one is right for you?
Junior Curling SCHEDULE for the 2023 -2024
October 14/21/28 November 4/18/25 December 2/9/16
January 6/13/20/27 February 10/24 March 3
Advanced Level Junior Program returning!
Are you looking to bring your curling game to the next level?
The Crestwood Curling Club Junior Program is proud to bring back our Advanced Level Junior Program (ALJP) with Mark Johnson.
Mark Johnson CURLING BACKGROUND
- Four time Canadian Police Champion; ten time Alberta Men’s Provincial competitor; 1983 Alberta Mixed Champion; 1997 Canadian Olympic Trials competitor; Team Mark Johnson was ranked as high as 7th on the World Curling Tour and was a participant on Team Martin, representing Alberta at the Regina Brier 2006; Skipped in the 2009 USA Olympic Trials; 2010 Canadian Senior Champion and 2011 World Senior Champion.
- Chairman of the 2013 Edmonton Brier and was the Player Rep for four years on the Alberta Curling Federation Board of Directors.
- 2010 Competition Coaching Certificate –Level 2 Instructor; Eleven years coaching high level Ladies and Junior Teams; six years teaching at Alberta Rocks Curling Camps and 5 years teaching an Advance Level Junior Program at the Crestwood Curling Centre.
The ALJP is designed to help junior curlers who are interested in honing their skills, talents and abilities in order to compete at a higher caliber. You will receive two hours of additional on and off ice training from a highly skilled and motivated coach each Thursday from 4-6pm in this 12 week full year program. Training includes but is not limited to:
- Video analysis of delivery and sweeping
- Technical breakdown and development
- Strategy analysis and development
- Position and role development
- Team building and dynamics
- Psychology of curling
- Nutritional training program
- Physical training program
The ALJP will run most Thursday’s from 4-6pm October – February and the program will be available to you, with the following dates October 26, November 2, 9, 16,23,30 December 7, 14, 21 January 11, 18, and February 1 at a cost of $295.00
Crestwood Junior Team Sponsorship
Annually, two junior program teams (members up to 21 years of age, eligible to play on the Alberta Junior Curling Tour events) may be eligible for sponsorship from the Crestwood Curling Centre (CCC) for up to four members per team plus a designated coach. Please read more about the Junior Sponsorship Policy
EYCA “Edmonton Youth Curling Association”
The Edmonton Youth Curling Association (EYCA) is a Not-for-Profit Society that was founded in 2017. The EYCA’s principal objective is to promote the growth and development of youth curling in the Edmonton area. We achieve this objective by providing the infrastructure and means whereby Edmonton area junior curlers are provided programming opportunities to participate in the sport of curling.
To learn more about the EYCA click here.